DEI Titanium Exhaust Wrap with LR Technology
DEI titanium exhaust wrap with LR technology is constructed from pulverized lava rock, extruded into fibers, and then woven into a tight weave, giving it titanium-like strength and toughness. The improvement in thermal protection helps to reduce underhood temperatures, resulting in cooler air intake for improved performance. And less heat in the engine bay means less chance of heat soak conditions on vital underhood components. Typical glass fiber wrap is rated at handling 980 C of maximum direct heat, while DEI's titanium wrap, using LR technology, is capable of handling direct continuous heat up to 1370 degrees C and radiant heat up to 1370 C. And because it's pliable, there's no need to wet the wrap when wrapping headers or pipes, as many do in order to make the wrapping process easier to manage and to get a tight wrap. Titanium wrap will not shrink, and because of its material structure, it is more resistant to temperature and vibration breakdown, abrasions, chemical and hot oil spills than glass fiber wrap. Plus, DEI titanium wrap offers a very cool carbon fiber look as an added feature!
- Brand:Design Engineering DEI
- Manufacturer's Part Number:010127
- Part Type:Exhaust Wrap
- Product Line:DEI Titanium Exhaust Wrap with LR Technology
- Width (mm.):50 mm.
- Length (mt.):15 mt.
- Wrap Material:Lava rock
- Wrap Color:Titanium
- Temperature Rating (degrees C):980 degrees C
- Installation:Locking ties
- Quantity:Sold individually.
- Notes:This wrap has a direct heat rating of 980 degrees C and a intermittent heat rating of 1370 degrees C.